Interested in becoming a volunteer?
As a volunteer of Frederick County Fire & Rescue, part of the benefit to being a medical emergency services provider and firefighter is the team-centered work environment. You will serve with other firefighters and emergency service professionals to rescue victims from car accidents, extinguish fires, and respond to many other types of emergency situations. Working together creates a sense of community, encourages camaraderie, and builds lifelong friendships. You will feel a sense of confidence from your accomplishments and in the knowledge and skills you acquire from your training. And there is little that can compare to the satisfaction that comes from doing an important job, while contributing to the security and welfare of your community.
Some of the other benefits you can enjoy as a company volunteer:
- Training, Physical and FIT testing and Personal Protective Equipment provided at no cost to you
- Length of Service Award Program (LOSAP) – similar to a retirement program and offers financial rewards to volunteers based on their years of service
- Maryland Tax Credit (after 3 years of service and currently $6,500)
- Awards Recognition – annual state, countywide and individual company programs
- Wills for Heros
- College credits for some of the training classes (FCC now accepts ProBoard and IFSAC)
- Workers Comp Insurance
- Scholarship opportunities
- Family fun events
The intangible benefits are equally as important – including satisfaction of doing something worthwhile, helping your community, saving lives, obtaining skills that will impact your personal and professional life; and being part of something exciting and special.
Ready to GEAR UP and become part of Frederick County Volunteer Fire and Rescue?